Arabic-L:PEDA:Al-Mashriq Center for Arabic in Amman

Fri Feb 14 19:11:34 UTC 2014

1) Subject: Al-Mashriq Center for Arabic in Amman

Date: 14 Feb 2014
From: Emily Koppelman <emily at almashriqcenter.com>
Subject: Al-Mashriq Center for Arabic in Amman

Dear Arabic teachers and students,

We are pleased to announce the opening of Al-Mashriq Center for Arabic
Instruction, a new language center in Amman, Jordan.

Modeled after the Arabic program at Cornell University, the curriculum at
Al-Mashriq differs radically from traditional Arabic-as-a-foreign-language
programs through its integration of colloquial Arabic with Modern Standard
Arabic in a way that reflects the use of the language by native speakers.
In all of our classes, we use Levantine Arabic for ordinary conversation
and discussion and MSA for reading, writing and formal speech.  The Arabic
classes at Al-Mashriq act as a bridge, connecting our students to the
Arabic-speaking environment around them - everything learned in the
classroom is practiced with native speakers outside of it.

For more information about the Center, including how to apply, please visit
our website at www.almashriqcenter.com.

Sincerely,

Emily Koppelman, Communications & Student Affairs Director
Al-Mashriq Center for Arabic Instruction
Queen Rania Street
Amman, Jordan
Telephone: +962790886394
emily at almashriqcenter.com