Arabic-L:LING:Needs Arabic language resources on language and identity

Thu Jan 9 16:45:07 UTC 2014

1) Subject: Needs Arabic language resources on language and identity

Date: 09 Jan 2014
From: Aja Chaker <aqi at georgetown.edu>
Subject: Needs Arabic language resources on language and identity

Greetings, colleagues!

I am seeking recent (i.e., published in the last five years)
Arabic-language articles and/or books treating the relationship between the
Arabic language and identity-- anything focusing on North Africa would be
especially helpful. Such resources are surprisingly hard to find, so I was
hoping some of you might be able to point me in the right direction.

Fingers crossed (and many thanks in advance),
Aja Chaker

PhD Candidate
Department of Arabic
Georgetown University