Arabic-L:LIT:New Publications from the Library of Arabic Literature

Fri Jul 18 21:24:41 UTC 2014

1) Subject: New Publications from the Library of Arabic Literature

Date: 18 Jul 2014
From: John Joseph Henry Rossetti <chip.rossetti at nyu.edu>
Subject: New Publications from the Library of Arabic Literature

Dear colleagues,

Below please find information about the Library of Arabic Literature series
and our most recent published volumes, now available for sale in both print
and e-book formats. We are offering a 20% discount on our books for Arabic-L
subscribers: when purchasing through our website below, please enter the
following discount code: LAL14 [valid through December 31, 2014]

*The Expeditions: An Early Biography of Muḥammad*
by Maʿmar ibn Rāshid
Edited and Translated by Sean W. Anthony
Foreword by M.A.S. Abdel Haleem

424 pages
$35.00 Cloth
Link: http://www.libraryofarabicliterature.org/books/?book=11317

*Leg Over Leg: Volume Three*
*Leg Over Leg: Volume Four*
by Aḥmad Fāris al-Shidyāq
Edited and Translated by Humphrey Davies

*Volume Three*:
408 pages
$40.00 Cloth
Link: http://www.libraryofarabicliterature.org/books/?book=12067

*Volume Four*:
584 pages
$40.00 Cloth
Link: http://www.libraryofarabicliterature.org/books/?book=12070

The Library of Arabic Literature (www.libraryofarabicliterature.org) is a
new series offering Arabic editions and English translations of key works
of classical and pre-modern Arabic literature, as well as anthologies and
thematic readers. Books in the series are edited and translated by
distinguished scholars of Arabic and Islamic studies, and are published in
parallel-text format with Arabic and English on facing pages. The Library
of Arabic Literature includes texts from the pre-Islamic era to the cusp of
the modern period, and encompasses a wide range of genres, including
poetry, poetics, fiction, religion, philosophy, law, science, history, and
historiography.

Supported by a grant from the New York University Abu Dhabi Institute, and
established in partnership with NYU Press, the Library of Arabic Literature
produces authoritative Arabic editions and modern, lucid English
translations, with the goal of introducing the Arabic literary heritage to
scholars and students, as well as to a general audience of readers.

Thank you,

Chip Rossetti
Managing Editor
Library of Arabic Literature