Arabic-L:PEDA:JOBS:Gann Academy PT job

Mon Jun 9 22:45:53 UTC 2014

1) Subject: JOBS:Gann Academy PT job

Date: 09 Jun 2014
From:  "Carol Englander" <cenglander at gannacademy.org>
Subject: JOBS:Gann Academy PT job

Hello,

 I am the World Languages Department Chair at Gann Academy in Waltham, a
small Jewish High School, and we are looking for a teacher, a graduate
student or strong undergraduate who has a strong background in Arabic
language who would be interested in teaching an elective course in the
Fall 2014- Spring 2015 at Gann Academy (next to Bentley University). It
means a one year committment. The course meets only three a week, but on a
rotating seven day schedule basis. We do not have the set schedule, but we
were wondering if we could move forward and see if there was any interest.
As soon as we have the fixed schedule will post the job with more exact
information. We are aware that with rotating schedules there may be a
challenge, but we would like to investigate and go forward. It is a paid
position and means working with high school students, designing the course
and grading. The schedule is never the same week to week, that is why it
would be a challenge.

 I need to know if there is initial interest and then proceed from there.
Please be in touch..
.
Sincerely,
 Carol

"Gann Academy seeks an experienced candidate to teach one elective class
of Arabic for students who may be spending a semester in Israel.  The
course meets twice a week on a rotating schedule during the school day.
Candidates should have experience teaching high school students for whom
English is a primary language, versatility to differentiate instruction in
lesson planning, and facility with technology. Experience in the
Proficiency Approach to Language Education is preferred, and an excellent
command of spoken and written English is required."

Carol L Englander
World Languages Dept Chair
Gann Academy- the New Jewish High School of Greater Boston
333 Forest Street
Waltham, MA 02452
[ tel:%28781%29%20642-6800%20x%20301 ](781) 642-6800 x 301
fax [ tel:%28781%29%20642-6805 ](781) 642-6805
[ mailto:cenglander at gannacademy.org ]cenglander at gannacademy.org