Arabic-L:PEDA:JOBS:CUNY NYC College of Technology Job

Thu Mar 6 04:26:15 UTC 2014

1) Subject: JOBS:CUNY NYC College of Technology Job

Date: 05 Mar 2014
From: reposted from LINGUIST
Subject: JOBS:CUNY NYC College of Technology Job

University or Organization: CUNY NYC College of Technology
Department: Humanities
Job Location: New York, USA
Web Address: http://www.cuny.edu
Job Title: Assistant Professor - Arabic/French (Humanities)
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb)
                      French (fra)

Job ID: 9914
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Regular/Temporary: Regular

New York City College of Technology, a comprehensive college of over 16,000
students in downtown Brooklyn, offering associate and baccalaureate
degrees, invites applications for a tenure-track position at the Assistant
Professor level, to begin during the 2013-14 academic year.  The position
requires a commitment to teaching, research and other scholarly pursuits,
service to the college, and student advisement. The candidate hired will be
expected to participate actively in College/University-wide initiatives and
in department level efforts, assisting in the
creation/development/assessment of department curricula, including but not
restricted to the creation of professionally-focused language courses and
those aimed at heritage speakers, assisting as assigned in foreign language
placement and advisement of students.

Performs teaching, research and guidance duties in area(s) of expertise.
Shares responsibility for committee and department assignments including
administrative, supervisory, and other functions.

Qualifications
Minimum qualifications are a Ph.D. in Arabic, with a secondary strength in
French, in either literature or linguistics. The preferred candidate would
have formal training in foreign language teaching, a minimum of 2 years
college level teaching experience, and a demonstrated interest in both
working with heritage speakers and designing a program for them, as well as
in developing courses with a professional focus.  Expertise in Arabic and
French would be ideal, and experience with bilingual programs is desirable.

Also required are the ability to teach successfully, demonstrated
scholarship or achievement, and ability to cooperate with others for the
good of the institution.

Compensation
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package
covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental
leave, and savings programs.  We also provide mentoring and support for
research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing
faculty professional development.

How to Apply
Visit the application website below, access the employment page, log in or
create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or
Title.  Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
 Candidates should provide a CV/resume and statement of scholarly interests.

Closing Date
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.  Review of
resumes to begin 1/18/14.

Job Search Category
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty

Equal Employment Opportunity
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively
encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to
apply.  We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek
excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.

Web Address for Applications: http://www.cuny.edu
Contact Information:
        CUNY Human Resources
        Email: na at na.com