Arabic-L:PEDA:Tufts University Intensive Summer Arabic Courses

Thu Mar 6 04:26:02 UTC 2014

1) Subject: Tufts University Intensive Summer Arabic Courses

Date: 05 Mar 2014
From: "Gunduz, Haci O" <Haci.Gunduz at tufts.edu>
Subject: Tufts University Intensive Summer Arabic Courses

1st and 2nd YEAR ARABIC SUMMER PROGRAMS AT TUFTS UNIVERSITY (BOSTON)

Intensive Summer Arabic Courses at Tufts University: One-year of Arabic in
6 weeks!

(1) Elementary Arabic: ARB 01/2A
A communicative approach is stressed.  No previous knowledge of Arabic
language or script is required. No prerequisite.
Material covered: "Alif Baa" and 10-12 chapters of "Al-Kitaab Part I", plus
supplementary materials.
Offered in: First session (May 21 – June 27), Day(s): MTWThF, Times : 9:00
am – 2:30 pm (with 1-hr lunch break)
Instructor : Rabab El Nady; Cost:  $5100 (for credit); $3500 (auditing)

(2) Intermediate Arabic: ARB 03/4B
The course includes oral presentations and short papers in Arabic.
Prerequisite: ARB 0002 or equivalent. Material covered: Chapters 10-20 of
"Al-Kitaab Part I" and 2 chapters of "Al-Kitaab Part II", plus
supplementary materials.
Offered in: Second session (July 1 – August 8). Day(s): MTWThF, Times: 9:00
am – 2:30 pm (with 1-hr lunch break)
Instructor : Haci Osman Gündüz; Cost:  $5100 (for credit); $3500 (auditing)

To register please visit: ase.tufts.edu/summer<http://ase.tufts.edu/summer>

<http://ase.tufts.edu/summer>
For more information about courses contact:
  Rabab El Nady   Rabab.El_Nady at tufts.edu<mailto:Rabab.El_Nady at tufts.edu>
  Haci Osman Gündüz   Haci.Gunduz at tufts.edu<mailto:Haci.Gunduz at tufts.edu>

Best,

Hacı Osman Gündüz (Ozzy)