Arabic-L:PEDA:6th Semester Arabic at Boston University this summer

Fri Mar 21 13:47:54 UTC 2014

1) Subject: 6th Semester Arabic at Boston University this summer

Date: 21 Mar 2014
From: Giselle Khoury <giselle at bu.edu>
Subject: 6th Semester Arabic at Boston University this summer

*Arabic 6 at Boston University*

*Course Description:*

Sixth-semester Arabic aims to help you further develop your proficiency in
formal *Modern Standard Arabic* *(**الفصحى**). *We will focus on all
language skills (reading, writing, listening, and speaking) in addition to
culture using authentic materials (texts and videos) and real-life
communicative activities. We will work on expanding your vocabulary
repertoire on a variety of themes including holidays and social occasions,
media and journalism, and higher education, as well as developing your
listening and reading comprehension skills. This course aims to help you
reach the *Advanced-Low *proficiency level.

We will use the *Al Kitaab* textbook, Part II, third edition and we will
cover units 8-10, in addition to a variety of supplementary materials.

*When?*

May 20- June 27

Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays 10:30-1:00

*Questions? *

giselle at bu.edu