Arabic-L:GEN:Needs Arab-Americans with two parents from Arab World for research survey

Fri Mar 21 13:47:42 UTC 2014

1) Subject: Needs Arab-Americans with two parents from Arab World for
research survey

Date: 21 Mar 2014
From:  "Kehdi, Norma" <nkehdi at pacificu.edu>
Subject: Needs Arab-Americans with two parents from Arab World for research
survey

Hello/Ahlan!!

My name is Norma Kehdi and I am a doctoral student at Pacific University.
I am a conducting a research study as part of my doctoral dissertation.  I
recently sent you an email requesting participation, and requesting that
you forward this email to members of your organization.  If you already
done so, thank you.  If not, please consider helping me in this research.

*This study is intended for Arab Americans who are 18 or over, were born in
the United States and have two parents who emigrated from an Arab
country. * The
study investigates how Arab parent's experiences of trauma prior to
immigrating to the United States might have influenced their children's
cultural experiences as an American.  *I am hoping that you will consider
spreading this survey to the members of your organization to participate in
this research.*

Participation in this study is entirely voluntary and should take about 20
minutes to complete.  All of your responses will be anonymous, should you
agree to participate.  Your cooperation is very important for this research.

Although it is not anticipated that this study will involve any risk,
please feel free to contact me, Norma Kehdi, at 503-516-7832, or Dr.
Catherine Miller at 503-352-7324 if you have any questions or concerns.  You
can also use this contact information if you would like a summary of the
general findings of the study.

Shukran/Thank you in advance for your time and participation in this study.

Please click on the following link to access the survey:

http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/1477833/Second-generation-Arab-Americans

Sincerely,
Norma Kehdi                                      Catherine Miller, Ph.D.
4th Year Doctoral Student                 Professor and PsyD Program
Director
School of Professional Psychology     School of Professional Psychology
Pacific University                               Pacific University