Arabic-L:GEN:Volunteer Opportunities in Arabic Translation

Thu May 1 17:42:21 UTC 2014

1) Subject: Volunteer Opportunities in Arabic Translation

Date: 01 May 2014
From: Beau Brady beau at islamicmanuscript.org
Subject: Volunteer Opportunities in Arabic Translation

The Islamic manuscript association

VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES IN ARABIC TRANSLATION TENTH ISLAMIC MANUSCRIPT
CONFERENCE

The Islamic Manuscript Association is an international non-profit
organisation dedicated to protecting Islamic manuscript collections and
supporting those who work with them. It was formed in response to the
urgent need to address the poor preservation and inaccessibility of many
Islamic manuscript collections around the world.
We are currently seeking volunteers who can help us to prepare for the
Tenth Islamic Manuscript Conference: Manuscripts and Conflict, which will
take place from 31 August to
2 September 2014 at Magdalene College, University of Cambridge. The role
can be fulfilled at our office in Cambridge or through distance
communication if preferred. Other translation opportunities may also arise
in the near future.
The role can be somewhat tailored to your interests and time availability
but the main focus will be on the translation of texts, both from Arabic
into English and from English into Arabic. Therefore, native speakers of
both Arabic and English who possess excellent knowledge of the written
forms of both languages are encouraged to apply. No previous knowledge or
experience of Islamic manuscripts or related subjects is necessary.
For volunteers who undertake this opportunity at our Cambridge office, up
to £15.00 of daily travel and lunch expenses can be reimbursed.
To apply, please send your CV and a brief covering letter demonstrating
your relevant experience and abilities, as well as your interest in this
field. Applications can be sent via email, post or fax.

The Islamic Manuscript Association Ltd c/o 33 Trumpington Street
Cambridge CB2 1QY
United Kingdom
Telephone: +44 (0)1223 303177
Fax: +44 (0) 1223 302 218