Arabic-L:PEDA:Al-Mashriq Center for Arabic Instruction summer session

Fri May 9 22:28:33 UTC 2014

1) Subject:

Date: 09 May 2014
From: "Emily Koppelman" <emily at almashriqcenter.com>

Dear all,

Al-Mashriq Center for Arabic Instruction is still accepting applications for
our summer session, which begins on June 8.

Modeled after the Arabic program at Cornell University, the curriculum at
Al-Mashriq differs radically from traditional Arabic-as-a-foreign-language
programs through its integration of colloquial Arabic with Modern Standard
Arabic in a way that reflects the use of the language by native speakers. In
all of our classes, we use Levantine Arabic for ordinary conversation and
discussion and MSA for reading, writing and formal speech.  The Arabic
classes at Al-Mashriq act as a bridge, connecting our students to the
Arabic-speaking environment around them - everything learned in the
classroom is practiced with native speakers outside of it.

For more information about the Center, including how to apply, please visit
our website at www.almashriqcenter.com.

Please forward this message to any students who might be interested.

Thank you!
Emily F. Koppelman
Communications & Student Affairs Manager
Al-Mashriq Center for Arabic Instruction
http://www.almashriqcenter.com <http://www.almashriqcenter.com/>
+962 79 088 6394