Athabaskan language encourages bear to leave camp

D Roy Mitchel IV droymitchell at YAHOO.COM
Thu Apr 30 17:44:10 UTC 2009

Nora Marks Dauenhauer spoke to a bear that was near us at a Tlingit language immersion retreat in '03 or '04, telling the bear that we were there just to gather edible plants, as it was, and that we wouldn't bother each other.  We watched each other as we gathered plants for a few hours.  All good.