Metathesis

James Crippen jcrippen at GMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 16 08:42:33 UTC 2009

A fellow graduate student is doing some crosslinguistic investigation
of metathesis phenomena and asked me about metathesis in Athabaskan
languages. As far as I know it's extremely rare in Tlingit, though
that could be just because I've never looked for it. Is there any
literature which addresses metathesis in the Athabaskan family? I
don't recall seeing anything specific on this issue, but I'm certainly
not that well read. My colleague is specifically interested in
metathesis of lateral affricates and fricatives, but I suppose
anything would be interesting.

Thanks,
James