Disjunct/conjunct coinage?

Philip J. Greenfeld pgreenfe at MAIL.SDSU.EDU
Sat Oct 17 04:28:07 UTC 2009

Kari uses them in his 1975 article "The Disjunct
Boundary in the Navajo and Tanaina Verb Prefix
Complexes." International Journal of American
Linguistics 41(4):330-345. He cites Li's
Chipewyan Consonants paper where Li used the
concept, but notes that the first use of it was
in "Navajo Notes" from a class by Sapir  written
by Swadesh. The paper is in the American
Philosophical Society Library in Philadelphia.

Phil Greenfeld

--
Philip J. Greenfeld, Ph. D.
Professor Emeritus