Survey for Alaskan Athabaskanists

Gary Holton gmholton at ALASKA.EDU
Fri Feb 19 17:42:46 UTC 2010

James,

I'd be happy to participate and would also be interested to see the
results of your survey. Susan Paskvan and Kathy Sikorski may have the
best info for Koyukon and Gwich'in, respectively, but they may not be
on this list. So if you don't mind I'll forward your request to them.

More recent estimates of vitality are in Krauss' article in the 2007
Vanishing Voices of the Pacific Rim volume.

Also, in 2008 Tim Argetsinger compiled a list of revitalization
programs as part of a First Alaskan's internship with ISER. Some
results are posted at
http://www.alaskool.org/Language/LanguageRevitalization.htm, but he
may have a more complete report.

Gary