"A Tsilhq=?UTF-8?Q?=C3=BAt=E2=80=99=C3=ADn_?=Grammar" (Cook 2013)

James Crippen jcrippen at GMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 5 18:30:42 UTC 2013

On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 10:17 PM, Christopher Cox <cdcox at ualberta.ca> wrote:
> Many of you may be interested to know that a new grammar of Tsilhqút'ín
> (Chilcotin, ISO 639-3: clc) by Eung-Do Cook has just been published by UBC
> Press.  As one of the very few published resources on the language (and
> quite possibly the only book-length volume to date), it might be of interest
> to many subscribers to this list:
>
> "A Tsilhqút’ín Grammar"
> http://www.ubcpress.ca/search/title_book.asp?BookID=299174007

It showed up in the UBC Bookstore the other day, and I gave it a
browse. I didn’t buy it but I’m definitely going to when I can afford
it.

For those of you who will be ordering this by mail, it’s not quite as
hefty as Sharon Hargus’s grammar of Witsuwitʼen, but it’s definitely
in the same size category. So if you’re in the US, consider getting it
through a US retailer of UBC Press’s books (Univ. of Wash. Press,
etc.) to avoid international shipping costs.