[Athapbasckan-L] Hotel reservations for Dene Languages Conference

Alessandro Jaker amjaker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 03:37:19 UTC 2016

Dear Friends,

Just a very small update about the conference, I went ahead and reserved a
block of 30 rooms at the Explorer Hotel for the conference: 15 single rooms
(1 king bed) and 15 double rooms (2 queen beds), for 3 nights, June 5th,
6th, and 7th, and checking out on the 8th.  Single and double rooms are the
same price, $183.85 per night, which is evidently the discounted conference
rate.  You can reserve under the discounted rate by giving the front desk
person the code DLC16, which is good until April 29th.  I reserved a
relatively small number of rooms because I figured that the majority of our
conference attendees will be from the Yellowknife area, or will want to
stay with relatives, and some may choose a less expensive hotel in the city
(the Explorer is rather luxurious, but also the only hotel with a large
conference room).

The Explorer Hotel's website is here, along with phone numbers:
http://www.explorerhotel.ca/

Canadian North Airlines promised us discounted airfare between Edmonton and
Yellowknife for conference attendees, basically that will also consist of a
promotional code that they will give us (which you can enter in on their
website).  I don't have it yet but I will but them very soon and try to get
you that information as well; we'll also post it on the conference website.

Mahsì cho for your patience, please feel free to contact me with any
questions.

Alesì