[Athapbasckan-L] Conference updates: airline, hotel, registration fee

Alessandro Jaker amjaker at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 00:45:58 UTC 2016

Dear friends,

we are pleased to announce that the Government of the Northwest
Territories, Department of Education, Culture, and Employment has
generously agreed to sponsor our conference, so the event is definitely a
go-ahead.  However, due to the current economic situation and budget cuts,
they were not able to support us as much as they would have liked, and so
unfortunately we will need to charge a registration fee to conference
participants.  The fee is $75 for general admission, and $40 for elders or
students.  To get the student discount, please bring a student ID (high
school or college), or bring a note from your teacher or professor saying
that you are a student.  One person asked if there is early registration or
an early bird discount--we don't have a system set up to do that yet but I
am looking into it.  But for now please just plan on paying by cash or
check once you get to the conference.

We are also pleased that we finally heard back from Canadian North
Airlines, so for all those of you who will be flying up from the south,
there is a 20% discount on airfare between Edmonton and Yellowknife,
between June 3rd and June 10th.  To get the discounted airfare, please go
to *www.canadiannorth.com <http://www.canadiannorth.com> *and enter
promotional code *DEN16.*  We will be updating our conference website with
this information, and the same information will also be on the Canadian
North website.  I am not aware of a deadline to use this code but you
certainly want to try and book your ticket before it fills up.

Also, there is a discount on rooms at the Explorer Hotel, you can get it by
going to their website and entering promotional code *DLC16*, at
*www.explorerhotel.ca
<http://www.explorerhotel.ca>*.  If you have problems with the website, you
can also make reservations over the phone by telling them you are with the
Dene Languages Conference.  The deadline to get the discounted rate is*
April 29th.*

I am attaching a copy of the conference flyer we made, please feel free to
distribute this to get the word out.  We are still looking for people to
send in abstracts!  The deadline for that is March 28th.  Although there is
a conference theme, you can submit on any topic related to Dene languages,
so please don't be shy about sending me whatever it is you have :)

Thank you, and please feel free to email me with any questions.

Mahsì,

Alesì