[Athapbasckan-L] Reminder: Special SSILA Session: Dene (Athabaskan) Languges in Story, Poem and Song

Siri Tuttle sgtuttle at alaska.edu
Wed May 17 22:14:25 UTC 2017

Special Session: Dene (Athabaskan) Languages in Story, Poem, and Song

Organizers: Olga Lovick, First Nations University of Canada, and Siri
Tuttle, University of Alaska Fairbanks

Call for Abstracts:

We invite abstracts for a special session at SSILA 2018: Dene (Athabaskan)
Languages in Story, Poem, and Song

Deadline: May 20, 2017

We wish to focus on ways in which language is used in Dene verbal art, both
traditional and modern. Some of the interfaces that interest us include,
but are not limited to:

Narrative structure and syntax
Musical and linguistic rhythm
Variation and consistency in narratives
Translation of songs
Language learning and story, poetry and song

We welcome your 500-word abstract on any of these, or related topics.
Please send in PDF form to:

sgtuttle at alaska.edu
olga at lithophile.com

Abstracts will not be reviewed anonymously, so please include your name and
affiliation.

Deadline: May 20, 2017

Selected abstracts will be included in our Special Session proposal to
SSILA.

--
Siri G. Tuttle
Professor of Linguistics