[Cadaad] CADAAD Coordinating Committee - Call for Nominations

Hart, Christopher c.hart at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri May 27 13:12:47 UTC 2016

Dear colleagues,

At CADAAD 2014 in Budapest it was agreed that we would move to establishing a Coordinating Committee for the CADAAD project.  The idea behind this was stop short of a formal association and everything that entails but to put in place something which, as the size of the CADAAD community is increasing, would (i) ensure that decisions regarding conferences etc. are taken democratically and (ii) to devolve some of the organisational responsibility away from myself after ten years at the helm.

To this end,  I would suggest a committee made up of a chair, a web editor, and five or six ordinary members who would each serve a term of 4 years. Ideally, the committee should reflect the multiplicity of theoretical and methodological perspectives found in critical approaches to discourse studies.

The committee will be charged with ensuring the continuation of the CADAAD project.  Minimally, this will involve finding, reviewing and agreeing hosts for biennial conferences as well as providing support for local hosts in organising conferences.  Such support would include advising on plenary speakers, acting on abstract review committees etc.

The committee will be ratified at CADAAD 2016 in Catania.  At this stage, I would like to invite nominations for the role of chair, web editor and ordinary members.  Nominations should be made for a third party.  But please do check that the person is happy to be nominated.  In making nominations, please think about people who are or have been actively involved with CADAAD and who you believe would bring a necessarily open and interdisciplinary approach.

Nominations should be made before 1st September 2016.  Please email nominations to c.hart at lancaster.ac.uk<mailto:c.hart at lancaster.ac.uk>.

Kind regards and I look forward to seeing many of you in Catania.

Chris

Dr Christopher Hart

Senior Lecturer in Linguistics | Director of MA Studies
Co-director of Discourse and Social Cognition Group<http://wp.lancs.ac.uk/dasc/> |
Department of Linguistics and English Language<http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/linguistics/>
Lancaster University

c.hart at lancaster.ac.uk<mailto:c.hart at lancaster.ac.uk> | +44 (0)1524 594440