[Cadaad] INVITATION: Conference/Workshop "Language and Gender: Achieving Conceptual Clarity", 19.1.2024

Falco Pfalzgraf f.pfalzgraf at qmul.ac.uk
Tue Jan 9 09:42:40 UTC 2024

Dear Colleagues,

You are cordially invited to attend the conference/workshop “Language and Gender: Achieving Conceptual
Clarity”:
https://gender.pfalzgraf.net/event2terminology.htm

The event will take place online via Zoom on Friday 19 January 2024, and it will have the format of an
academic conference. Please note that the event is one of several events that are part of the of the
International Research Networking Project “Language and Gender: Academic Research and Practical
Implementation”; see:
https://gender.pfalzgraf.net/networking-project.htm

On this conference/Workshop, we will specifically deal with unclear and overlapping use of terms such as
“gender-inclusive”, “gender-fair”, “gender-neutral”, etc. in various disciplines and languages. The aim
of the workshop is to gain conceptually clarity; and ideally work towards standardisation.

Selected academics will present papers. Interested practitioners and academics are invited to join, and
will be able to participate in Q&As, discussions, etc.

If you would like to attend the conference/Workshop, please email me (Falco Pfalzgraf)
<f.pfalzgraf at qmul.ac.uk>, and provide your name, affiliation/company name, and job title.

To make the event accessible to everybody, there will be no fees.

Best wishes,
Falco Pfalzgraf, QMUL
<f.pfalzgraf at qmul.ac.uk>