CDA Reading Group meeting, 10/27, Wed, 1PM (fwd)

Hala Jawlakh jawlakh at UIUC.EDU
Thu Oct 21 05:11:58 UTC 2004

Hi everyone,

I am sorry i have not been very active in this list, but, i
have a couple of comments about this paper. I  read the paper
after Heller presented it at our group meeting here at UIUC.

1- the paper itself seems very anecdotal even though she
lists a tremendous amount of data that is collected.

2- she never says what they actually did with the data after
they collected it.

3- a lot of terms are not defined or are defined in a
ciruclar way. There is at least two terms that are used in
opposition, but then she has one word to define BOTH of them.

4- it's a lot more fun to go to the presentation where she
has slides and hadouts with the actual material quoted in the
paper.

I guess, i was a bit dissapointed. Usually she is one of my
favorite authors, but, this paper is not what we are used to
from her.

Linnea and Noriko, I hope you're doing well,