Bush & Identity/Persona

Brendan O'Rourke Brendan.ORourke at DIT.IE
Wed Jul 20 15:37:31 UTC 2005

Hi,
I mislaid some of the messages in this thread so apologies if this has been
dealt or is way off: could the 'conception of "President Bush" ' be looked
at using the concept of positioning. If so the following articles might be
of interest:
Korobov, N. (2001). "Reconciling Theory with Method: From Conversation
Analysis and CriticalDiscourse Analysis to Positioning Analysis." Forum
Qualitative Sozialforschung / Forum: Qualitative Social Research [On-line
Journal] 2(3).

Wetherell, M. (1998). "Positioning and interpretative repertoires:
Conversation analysis and post-structuralism in dialogue." Discourse and
Society 9(3): 387-.

Hope that helps,
Best Regards.

Brendan O'ROURKE,