Special issue of Working Papers on the Web on CDA

Sara Mills s.l.mills at SHU.AC.UK
Mon May 8 09:47:56 UTC 2006

CALL FOR PAPERS: Peter Jones and myself, both of Sheffield Hallam
University, (Communications Studies and Linguistics) are putting together
a special issue of Working Papers on the Web ( a refereed electronic
journal) entitled Engaging with Critical Discourse Analysis.  We would be
interested in receiving abstracts for articles which engage with CDA.  By
this we mean, there have been a number of articles over the years which
have critiqued CDA on a range of different issues: the nature and function
of its political stance, the interpretative processes at work in its
analyses, its use of linguistics/discourse analysis, and so on.  Some of
these critiques have been essentially negative and what we aim to do in
this special issue of Working Papers on the Web is to engage
constructively with CDA to interrogate some of the claims made by CDA
practititioners and evaluate some of the criticisms made of CDA as a
practice.

Send abstracts or general enquiries to Sara Mills s.l.mills at shu.ac.uk.  To
see back issues of Working Papers on the Web, go to www.shu.ac.uk/wpw