Journal of Critical Approaches to Discourse Analysis across Disciplines

Christopher Hart c.j.hart at HERTS.AC.UK
Thu Mar 29 18:27:34 UTC 2007

Dear Colleagues,

Following the successful publication of its inaugural issue, the journal
Critical Approaches to Discourse Analysis across Disciplines is now
calling for papers to be submitted for publication in its second issue.
Critical Approaches to Discourse Analysis across Disciplines is a free
but formal, peer-reviewed electronic journal available at
http://cadaad.org/ejournal.

The journal aims to expand the scope of critical discourse research
beyond the models and applications traditionally offered in mainstream
CDA. To this end, we welcome papers from CDA and neighboring
disciplines, such as communication studies, media studies and political
science. We  particularly welcome papers which either: i) explore
alternative methodologies to Halliday's systemic functional linguistics,
including for example Cognitive Linguistics or Cognitive Psychology;
and/or ii) apply critical analysis to new discourses in areas such as
medicine and the environment.

Please visit http://cadaad.org/ejournal for further details, including
submission guidelines. Submission deadline for issue 2 is 15 May 2007.

Kind regards,
The Editors
Christopher Hart and Dominik Lukes

--
Christopher Hart
Lecturer in English Language and Communication

http://hartcda.org.uk