discoursal move in email

parisa Daftarifard pdaftaryfard at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 23 07:27:41 UTC 2009

Dear List members,

Greetings,

I am new to your list and I hope I can find your kind help to my question.
We are investigating for discoursal moves (email opening and closing) in
emails and in this respect our design is 3x1 with two independent variable
of language (English native, English L2 speaker and Farsi speaker) and email
(English and Farsi in the case of Farsi monolingual speaker).

My questions are

1.  Is it OK to compare Farsi email with English email in fact how one may
approach the differences between who can write both in farsi and English and
those who can only wirte in Farsi and those who can only write in English.
How could it be possible to compare the discoursal move due to opening and
closing email.

2. I wonder if you can direct me to some references on discoursal articles
on emails.

I appreciate your helpful comments like always beforehand.

Regards,
Parisa Daftarifard

Regards,

Parisa