New Role for Celtling

Andrew Carnie acarnie at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 26 21:57:34 UTC 1996

Moderator's note: I think Tonio's idea is an excellent one. Please
feel free to self-promote your Celtic Linguistics articles, books
and theses.

------- Forwarded Message

From: adg1 at cornell.edu (Antony Dubach Green)
Subject: New role for CELTLING?
Hi all.  I was wondering if it would be feasible and/or a good idea for
people to announce on CELTLING when articles on Celtic linguistics are
published.  For example, I have just found out that Eugeniusz Cyran has
written a paper called "Two Makes Three? Vowel Quantity in Modern Irish",
which is published in Papers and Studies in Contrastive Linguistics vol. 30
(1995).  I think it would be a nice idea if people announced to CELTLING
when they either wrote an article or discovered an article like this.
(Especially since this is such a low-volume list anyway.)  I only found out
about this article because a friend of mine who doesn't even do Celtic
happened to notice it and remembered to mention it to me.

What does anyone/everyone else think?

Antony Dubach Green   *  adg1 at cornell.edu  *   Antain O hUaithne
Department of Linguistics           M=E1s f=E9idir leat seo a l=E9amh,
Cornell University                    scr=EDobh chugam as Gaeilge!
Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
H: (607) 272-7431              GO MAIRE NA TEANGACHA CEILTEACHA!
W: (607) 255-3844                   BYWIO YR IEITHOEDD CELTAIDD!

------- End of Forwarded Message