Celtling Back Open

Elizabeth J. Pyatt ejp10 at psu.edu
Wed Aug 29 17:47:00 UTC 2001

Hello:

This is the new Celtling moderator, Elizabeth Pyatt, saying that
Celtling is back open in its new home at:

	celtling at lists.linguistlist.org

If the new address doesn't work, please let me know at
celtling at linguistlist.org

I'd like to thank the folks at Linguistlist as well as Andrew Carnie
for patiently helping us transfer the list and get it set up.

Here are a few other updates you should know about.

NO ATTACHMENTS

Because of the potential for proliferation of viruses and concerns
for message size, I have set the Listserv to reject any message with
an attachment (including embedded images).

If you wish to share a file, you can provide a URL link or announce
it on the Listserv, then send it to interested members privately.

If there are concerns about this policy change, please let me know at
celtling at linguistlist.org

ARCHIVES

All the Celtling archives dating back to January 1995 are available
at <http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/celtling.html>

UNSUBSCRIBE

If you wish to unsubscribe, please go to the archive page at
<http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/celtling.html> and do the
following:

* Click on "Join or Leave the List"
* Fill in your name and e-mail
* Click the "Leave the List" button

You will be sent a confirmation message asking you to click or go to a URL.

IN THE FUTURE

As Andrew mentioned, I did my Ph.D. in Celtic linguistics, so I am
really looking forward to moderating this list, and hopefully making
it better. I did post an online C.V. at
<http://www.personal.psu.edu/staff/e/j/ejp10/pyattcv.html> if you
want to learn more about me.

In the next few months I'm hoping to set up a Celtling web site with
information about the List with lists of some Celtic resources
including a bibliography and appropriate links.

If anyone has any other ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks and I hope to hear from you.

Elizabeth Pyatt