Fwd: Re: Welsh adjectives

Elizabeth J. Pyatt ejp10 at psu.edu
Wed Feb 6 15:02:12 UTC 2002

From: "David Wood" <quixote at ihug.co.nz>
Subject: Re: Welsh adjectives
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 03:03:02 +1300

Tonio Green:
>I'm looking for Welsh adjectives that end in orthographic <u> followed
>by a consonant, OTHER THAN those like 'hapus', 'parchus', 'gwybodus'
>that contain the suffix "-us".  I don't have a reverse dictionary of
>Welsh (if such a thing even exists).  Can anyone help me think of some?

You mean polysyllables?  I hope the small following selection is useful to
you.

alltud, afynud, astud, ehud, esgud
anhyludd, anufudd, cochrudd, difudd, godrudd, ufudd
haerllug, sarrug, seithug
achul, anaraul, araul, goachul
amheuthun, anoddun, arddun, dilun, noethlymun, ysgymun
cymesur/anghyfesur, didostur, eglur/aneglur, llymsur, prysur, segur,
trwynsur

D.

--- end forwarded text

--
o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o

CELTLING
Post: celtling at lists.linguistlist.org OR celtling at listserv.linguistlist.org
Subscribe/Unsubscribe - Go to Archives, then click "Join or leave" link