Andreas Knaden: EPOLOS

Elizabeth J. Pyatt ejp10 at psu.edu
Mon Feb 18 19:48:28 UTC 2002

Date:         Mon, 18 Feb 2002 13:24:14 -0500
From: "Dr. Andreas Knaden" <aknaden at UOS.DE>

Dear Sirs,
for a special Project at the University of Osnabrueck, we've defined the
abbreviation EPOLOS. Now we wonder, whether the expresseion could have a
meaning in celtic, especially in protoceltic language. We assume, that this
meaning could derive from the word epo e.g. horse. EPOLOS therefore could
be the little horse like the gallic "ebol", epalos or similar expressions.
If someone could give us a hint, or has any idea, where we could verify our
hypothesis, we would be very pleased about your help!
Kind Regards

Andreas Knaden
University of Osnabrueck
Department of Business Administration

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Please reply directly or CC Dr. Knaden as he does
not appear to be on the subsribver list.  Thanks :)

--
o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o

CELTLING
Post: celtling at lists.linguistlist.org OR celtling at listserv.linguistlist.org
Subscribe/Unsubscribe - Go to Archives, then click "Join or leave" link