GaidhealdeAlba: Irish Lenition & Orthographic Depth

Elizabeth J. Pyatt ejp10 at psu.edu
Mon Apr 14 12:04:08 UTC 2003

From: GaidhealdeAlba at aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 17:15:31 EDT
Subject: Re: Brian Doyle: Irish Lenition & Orthographic Depth

I'm not a speaker of Irish by any means. I'm a Gael of Scottish/Irish
origin and I am more interested in my Scottish than my Irish roots at
the current time. Since I've begun learning about Scots Gaelic I have
thought that it would be much better to return to the Old Irish way
of writing ’Äî dot accents, older lowecase r and s ’Äî so I
wholeheartedly support your idea. Let us know how it turns out.

--
o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o

CELTLING
Post: celtling at lists.linguistlist.org OR celtling at listserv.linguistlist.org
Subscribe/Unsubscribe - Go to Archives, then click "Join or leave" link