Tom Pullman: Fonts with buailte characters (was: Irish Lenition & Orthographic Depth)

Elizabeth J. Pyatt ejp10 at psu.edu
Thu Apr 17 19:04:12 UTC 2003

>Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 18:54:04 +0100 (BST)
>From: Tom Pullman <tjop2 at cam.ac.uk>

>>  Further to Antony's reference to the availability of overdots (buailte) in
>>  the Arial Unicode sans-serif font, they are also available in the new
>>  Gentium Unicode serif font (freeware from
>>  http://www.sil.org/~gaultney/gentium/).

Other Unicode fonts including the buailte characters are Code2000
(shareware from http://home.att.net/~jameskass/), Free Monospaced and Free
Serif (freeware from http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/freefont/), and
Thryomanes (freeware from http://www.io.com/~hmiller/lang/).

When looking for Unicode fonts with buailte characters, it is important to
note that these characters are not all found in the same range: lower- and
upper-case "c" and "g" with overdot are found in Latin Extended-A, but all
other consonants with overdots are found in Latin Extended Additional.

Tom Pullman

--

Tom Pullman			¦
Gonville and Caius College	¦	 Whenever I speak Tlingit

--
o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o

CELTLING
Post: celtling at lists.linguistlist.org OR celtling at listserv.linguistlist.org
Subscribe/Unsubscribe - Go to Archives, then click "Join or leave" link