CromanMacNessa: [CELTIC-T] 2002 enrollment figures from MLA

Elizabeth J. Pyatt ejp10 at psu.edu
Wed Dec 10 15:24:10 UTC 2003

From: XPrinceHawkX at aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 05:26:45 EST
To: CELTLING at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG

>>FYI -  Celtic-T has published figures for Celtic language
>>enrollment from the MLA survey of higher education language
>>enrollments in the U.S. (See figures below)

Madainn mhath, a h-uile duine.

I'm a bit behind, so apologies for coming to this late.  However,
there is one rant I must make regarding this.

I wonder if this takes into account the fact that Spanish, French,
and German are offered in virtually every college, while Celtic
studies are offered only in very few.  I maintain that this apparent
"lack of interest" is actually "lack of opportunity," but will
probably be used as an excuse to continue to deny opportunity.

~ Le beannachdan ~
*Croman mac Nessa*

http://communities.msn.com/CromansGrove/_whatsnew.msnw

--
o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o

CELTLING
Post: celtling at lists.linguistlist.org OR celtling at listserv.linguistlist.org
Subscribe/Unsubscribe - Go to Archives, then click "Join or leave" link