Marion Gunn: Monopoly in Other Languages?

Elizabeth J. Pyatt ejp10 at psu.edu
Wed May 25 15:01:17 UTC 2005

From: Marion Gunn <mgunn at egt.ie>
To: The Celtic Linguistics List <CELTLING at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG>,
         gaelic-l at listserv.heanet.ie
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Pyatt: Bilingual Welsh Monopoly

>  Bilingual Monopoly for Swansea
>  BBC News, May 24
>  The Swansea version of the board game Monopoly is to be bilingual
>  after a poll of people living in the city.
>  http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/south_west/4575825.stm

Thanks for that good news, Elizabeth.

Am just back from Italy and my first visit in ten years to Slovenia
(truly amazing the changes since then, and strange to be able to hop
back and forth daily across a border whose wall only disappeared a year
ago!) where I talked terminology with my Welsh counterparts, tried to
learn a Northern Saami song, show some of the locals how to do Irish and
Breton dancing.

Also got some real work done, about which it is too soon to speak, which
will probably have to wait some time to come to fruit.

Only responding to your msg on CELTLING (and cc:ing GAELIC-L) to ask if
anyone has yet done Monopoly into our  other
sister languages (le teann fiosrachta).

Keep up the good work.
mg

--

Marion Gunn * EGTeo (Estab.1991)
27 Páirc an Fhéithlinn, Baile an

CELTLING
Post: celtling at lists.linguistlist.org OR celtling at listserv.linguistlist.org
Subscribe/Unsubscribe - Go to Archives, then click "Join or leave" link