Conference: Formal Approaches to Celtic Linguistics

Andrew Carnie carnie at LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Tue Dec 2 18:09:53 UTC 2008

Colleagues,

I've been holding off on announcing this because I'm still trying to
put the finishing touches on the invited speaker list and get the mini-
course formally approved. But I think I'd better send out a "save the
date" to you all.

The University of Arizona will be hosting a National Science
Foundation funded mini-course and conference entitled "Formal
Approaches to Celtic Linguistics".

Conference Dates:  March 27-29th 2009
Mini-Course Dates: March 23-29th 2009

Invited speakers include (more to be announced): Jim McCloskey, SJ
Hannahs, Maggie Tallerman, Randy Hendrick (and many others).

There will be a call for abstract-submitted papers and posters that
will be announced in early January.

The mini-course is a week-long credit course for graduate students and
advanced undergraduates taught by Jim McCloskey and others designed to
jump start student research in formal approaches to Celtic Linguistics.

Much more info to come soon.

Best,

Andrew