translation

ejp10 ejp10 at PSU.EDU
Thu Feb 4 18:13:36 UTC 2010

Conor:

On Feb 4, 2010, at 12:59 PM, Conor Parker wrote:

> I am trying to get a translation for an engraving on a memorial
> plaque, and it is very important that it is correct. I was referred
> to this listserv by the director of the language department at my
> school.  I would like to translate the phrase "May angels lead you
> in" to celtic.  Any help would be much appreciated.
> Thank you,
> Conor

This list may or may not be the best resource.

For one thing, you need to identify WHICH Celtic language should be
used. The best bets would be Modern Irish, Scottish Gaelic, Welsh,
Breton or possibly Cornish. Your choice will probably depend on the
history of your institution.

After that, I would recommend finding universities which teach those
languages for a translation for more information.

Hope this helps a little.

Elizabeth Pyatt
Moderator, Celtling

o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o
CELTLING

Post: celtling at lists.linguistlist.org OR celtling at listserv.linguistlist.org
Subscribe/Unsubscribe - Go to Archives, then click "Join or leave" link