Fwd: Gaelic Linguist/Phonetician Contract Available

Elizabeth J. Pyatt ejp10 at PSU.EDU
Wed Oct 26 15:17:09 UTC 2011

Begin forwarded message:

From: Mandy Iverson < miverson at butlerhill.com >
Date: October 18, 2011 4:30:16 PM PDT
To: " carnie at linguistlist.org " < carnie at linguistlist.org >
Subject: Gaelic Linguist/Phonetician Contract Available

Greetings;

Please excuse my interruption! I work for Appen Butler Hill, a linguistic services company, and we are currently recruiting for a Gaelic (Irish) linguist for transcription work. I'm wondering if you are interested (or perhaps know someone who might be) in taking a look at our job description? I have copied the description below, and you can also access the description and apply at our Careers Website here: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA5/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=BUTLERHILL&cws=4&rid=239

Thank you so much for your consideration and time, please feel free to let me know if you have any questions about the position.

Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Mandy Iverson
Human Resources Coordinator
miverson at appenbutlerhill.com
www.butlerhill.com /joinus

We are currently recruiting for a Gaelic (Irish) Linguist/Phonetician for a part time contract position performing phonetic transcriptions for Gaelic names. The contract is for a remote position, 120 hours total to be completed by mid December/2011.

REQUIREMENTS:

Qualified candidates need to be a native (or near native) speaker of Gaelic (Irish) with a Linguistics background and an expertise in phonetics.

Knowledge of the International Phonetic Alphabet or SAMPA
Fluent written and spoken English skills
Windows OS

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Projects require excellent English reading, writing and communication skills. Strong computer skills in a Windows environment and greater than average comfort with software and technology are expected. US residents must have US work authorization (US citizen or permanent resident). Unfortunately, Appen Butler Hill cannot sponsor employment visas at this time. You will be required to sign a legally binding non-disclosure agreement at the time of contract negotiation.

This is a contract positions.

COMPENSATION:

We offer a competitive, hourly pay rate DOE (to be paid as 1099 self-employment income).

--
Elizabeth J. Pyatt, Ph.D.
Penn State University