Fwd: 24.2501, Calls: Scottish Language (Jrnl)

Elizabeth J. Pyatt ejp10 at PSU.EDU
Thu Jun 20 13:41:13 UTC 2013

I thought the following call for papers for the "Scottish Language" journal would be of interest since Scottish Gaelic and Pictish are possible languages. I would presume any Brythonic language from the area would also count.

E. Pyatt

Begin forwarded message:

> From: linguist at linguistlist.org
> Subject: 24.2501, Calls: Historical Linguistics, Ling & Literature, Sociolinguistics/ Scottish Language (Jrnl)
> Date: June 20, 2013 9:24:30 AM EDT
> To: LINGUIST at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
>
> LINGUIST List: Vol-24-2501. Thu Jun 20 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.
>
> Subject: 24.2501, Calls: Historical Linguistics, Ling & Literature, Sociolinguistics/ Scottish Language (Jrnl)

> Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 09:24:02
> From: Robert McColl Millar [r.millar at abdn.ac.uk]
> Subject: Historical Linguistics, Ling & Literature, Sociolinguistics/ Scottish Language (Jrnl)
>
> E-mail this message to a friend:
> http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-2501.html&submissionid=16006206&topicid=3&msgnumber=1
>
> Full Title: Scottish Language
>

> Linguistic Field(s): Historical Linguistics; Ling & Literature; Sociolinguistics
>
> Subject Language(s): Gaelic, Scottish (gla)
>                     Latin (lat)
>                     Norn (nrn)
>                     Pictish (xpi)
>                     Scots (sco)
>
> Call Deadline: 31-Oct-2013
>
> Scottish Language is the premier scholarly, peer reviewed journal concerned
> with the languages of Scotland -- contemporary and historical. As well as
> Scots, Gaelic and Scottish Standard English, the journal welcomes articles on
> Latin, Pictish, Norn, British and Old European. Articles on Ulster Scots will
> also be considered. All theoretical viewpoints are welcome, as are essays on
> the language of literature. While Scottish language is the journal's primary
> concern, comparative work will be considered. If you have material you would
> like to have considered for the next volume, planned for publication in Spring
> 2014, you should get in touch with me in my position as editor on
> r.millar at abdn.ac.uk.
>
> A list of past contents can be found at:
> http://www.arts.gla.ac.uk/ScotLit/ASLS/ScotLang.html
>
> Guidance for authors can be found at:
> http://www.arts.gla.ac.uk/ScotLit/ASLS/Guidance.html
>
> The deadline for this call for papers is October 31, 2013.

> LINGUIST List: Vol-24-2501
> Visit LL's Multitree project for over 1000 trees dynamically generated
> from scholarly hypotheses about language relationships:
>          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Elizabeth J. Pyatt, Ph.D.
Instructional Designer/Lecturer in Linguistics
Penn State University
ejp10 at psu.edu
http://www.personal.psu.edu/ejp10/

Got Unicode Blog