Fwd: 24.3643, Calls: Welsh, Translation, Ling & Literature, Socioling, General Ling/UK

Elizabeth J. Pyatt ejp10 at PSU.EDU
Tue Sep 17 16:10:10 UTC 2013

"Language Diversity in Wales" conference announcement from LinguistList

Begin forwarded message:

> Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 11:51:38
> From: Míša Hejná [michaela.hejna at manchester.ac.uk]
> Subject: Language Diversity in Wales / Amrywiaeth ieithyddol yng Nghymru
>
> E-mail this message to a friend:
> http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-3643.html&submissionid=19938387&topicid=3&msgnumber=1
>
> Full Title: Language Diversity in Wales / Amrywiaeth ieithyddol yng Nghymru
>
> Date: 18-Jul-2014 - 19-Jul-2014
> Location: Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
> Contact Person: Míša Hejná
> Meeting Email: amrywiaeth at gmail.com
> Web Site: http://amrywiaeth.wordpress.com
>
> Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics; Ling & Literature; Sociolinguistics; Translation
>
> Subject Language(s): Welsh (cym)
>
> Call Deadline: 15-Jan-2014
>
> Meeting Description:
>
> Date: 18-19 July 2014
> Venue: National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth
> Website: http://amrywiaeth.wordpress.com
>
> The conference aims to provide a forum for those interested in the language diversity of Wales. The event is conceived in a broad way and is not restricted to purely linguistic topics. The forum is also open to researchers with literary perspectives, to those interested in translation studies, and to researchers from the fields of media, arts, and anthropology insofar as they are working on topics connected with the language diversity of Wales.
>
> Invited Speakers:
>
> Prof Markku Filppula (University of Eastern Finland)
> Dr David Willis (University of Cambridge)
> Dr Elin Haf Gruffydd Jones (Aberystwyth University)
>
> Call for Papers:
>
> For a Welsh-language version of the call, see http://amrywiaeth.wordpress.com/galwad
>
> Within the linguistic perspective, we welcome participants dealing with diversity in Welsh, English or any other languages that are or have been used in Wales (e.g. French, Latin, Flemish, Romani, Somali, sign language, etc.). Within the field of literary studies, possible topics include: the use of Welsh in English-medium literature, the use of English in Welsh-medium literature, and the use of dialects in Welsh literature.
>
> The conference will also feature a workshop session, part of which will be a student oriented careers workshop.
>
> Abstracts for both papers and posters should not exceed 300-350 words including the references and should be submitted via EasyChair (http://tinyurl.com/pgshj4r). Presentations should be 20 minutes in length, and will be followed by 10 minutes of discussion.
>
> The deadline for abstracts is Wednesday, 15 January 2014. Applicants will be notified of acceptance of their paper in February 2014.
>
> The registration fee and more detail on how to register will be made available on the website.
>
> Should you have any questions, please contact us at amrywiaeth at gmail.com or visit the website and leave a comment.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Elizabeth J. Pyatt, Ph.D.
Instructional Designer/Lecturer in Linguistics
Penn State University
ejp10 at psu.edu
http://www.personal.psu.edu/ejp10/

Got Unicode Blog