[Celtling] Nominalizations in Celtic

Irene Balles i.balles at uni-bonn.de
Tue Jan 19 10:25:26 UTC 2016

Hi Eitan,

Am Montag, den 18.01.2016, 21:06 +0200 schrieb Eitan Grossman:
> Dear all,
>

> I am writing to ask whether there are any agent nominalizations in
> Celtic that have known etymologies, on the one hand, or can be
> reconstructed to the protolanguage, on the other.

Do you mean nominalizations that are reconstructable as a whole word
(i.e. including the suffix and all word formation details) into
Proto-Celtic or Indo-European, or do you only mean agent noun formations
that HAVE an etymology, but may formed in the individual languages at
any time, perhaps with suffixes that have come into being only in the
individual languages, but are not inherited???

Irene