removing tiers from files

Brian MacWhinney macwhinn at hku.hk
Wed Jun 20 05:20:15 UTC 2001

On 6/20/01 2:21 AM, "SCHNEIDER Phyllis" <Phyllis.Schneider at ualberta.ca>
wrote:

> I have been checking transcriptions as I code files, so my coded files are
> more accurate than the originals.  Now I'd like to have someone else do
> coding for reliability, and I want to use my corrected files.  Is there any
> way to remove the coding tiers from the files with one command, so that I
> can give the coder the uncoded files?
>
> Thanks--
> Phyllis Schneider

Dear Phyllis,

  The command for removing a coding tier (such as %cod) is:

kwal +t* +t@ +t% -t%cod +d +f +1 *.cha

Make sure you create a complete copy of your whole folder before doing this,
since the +1 switch replaces your originals with the new files.  However, +1
is nice since you end up with a complete folder of the files you want.

Also, you should check out the RELY program which compares master and coder
files for reliability.

--Brian