revised scheme for controlling MOR

Brian MacWhinney macwhinn at hku.hk
Tue May 29 03:24:27 UTC 2001

Dear Info-CHIBolts,
  The current version of CLAN has a revised scheme for locating the files
needed to control the MOR program.  We made these changes to avoid some
confusions that were occuring with the earlier scheme.  In the new scheme,
you only need to set the MOR LIB from the commands window to the folder that
contains your grammar.  In this grammar, MOR is now looking for ar.cut,
cr.cut, dr. cut, and sf.cut on the top level.  Earlier, these files had
names like engar.cut etc.  You should remove the "eng" or "espan" from these
names.  Then MOR is looking for all the lexical items in a directory called
simply "lex" rather than "englex" or "espanlex".
  I have renamed all of the relevant files in the MOR grammars on the web.
If you use a new version of MOR and you wish to keep your current grammar
and lexicon files rather than using the ones on the web, then please rename
the files in accord with this new scheme.  The option in the Edit menu of
"Set default MOR files" is no longer working and has been removed.
  Good luck and tell me if you have any questions.

--Brian MacWhinney