question re: chstring and dep. tiers

Diane Pesco dpesco2 at po-box.mcgill.ca
Mon Dec 22 16:12:39 UTC 2003

  Dear colleagues,

After consulting manual and trying various solutions I appeal to you ...

1.   I have successfully used chstring for speaker tier changes many
times.  Can chstring be used on a dependent tier (i.e. to make changes
to a set of  project-specific codes across a set of files)?  I've tried
different versions of below w/o success (fooled around with spacing
around quotes, order, inclusion of +t*, etc etc.) .

               chstring +t%cfd +s"INITIATES:LEARN/INFORM:askinfo"
"INI:LI:AI" filename

2. All lines in my transcripts have minimally a single coding tier while
others additionally have an error coding tier.  Is there a way to
excerpt only the utterances with the two dependent tiers (e.g. first
utterance below but not the second).   I've tried kwal and combo w.
Boolean search (^) but might be missing something.

*DON:    what your name ?
%cfd:    $INITIATES
%err:    $MOR
*LEE:    uh my name is Lee .
%cfd:    $RESPONDS

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Diane Pesco

--

Diane Pesco
School of Communication Sciences and Disorders
dpesco2 at po-box.mcgill.ca
tel. 514-398-4102
fax. 514-398-8123

dpesco2 at po-box.mcgill.ca