question re: Walker Control program in CLAN

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Tue Jun 17 13:40:49 UTC 2003

Dear Diane,
  Sound Walker currently only works with audio files, not video, although we
eventually hope to make it work with video too.  Maybe we should change the
phrase "Open Media" to "Open Sound" until this has been fixed.  This is
fairly high on the feature addition list.  For now, I would recommend
linking to video in Transcriber mode initially.  After the initial linkage,
I would use the controls in the video window to modify and replay segments.
Some of the basic aspects of Walker are built into the Replay feature of the
Video Window.
  If you are having any trouble with the basic F5 linkage method, please
tell me.  Good luck.

--Brian MacWhinney