special characters in CLAN

Margot Rozendaal m.rozendaal at hum.uva.nl
Thu May 15 14:47:37 UTC 2003

Dear CLAN users,

On May 9th, I posed a question on this list about Swedish characters like ä,
å and ö that appeared as ¥ and à or a combination of both, on my PC. Leonid
Spektor advised me to make sure that I have the "Arial Unicode MS" font
installed on my computer. I did and I have this font installed, but I still
cannot view Swedish (and French, I found out) characters. The strange thing
is however, that I do have the normal Swedish and French letters ä, å, ö, á,
à, é and è on my home computer, while that machine doesn't support the
'Arial Unicode MS font'! The childes-files I'm using at work were taken from
the internet and the ones I have at home are taken from the Childes CD-rom
(2000). Could this be the difference. Hopefully someone can help me!

Thank you, Margot Rozendaal