Japanese MOR

Brian MacWhinney macw at mac.com
Thu Jul 29 16:38:22 UTC 2004

Dear Linda,
     I downloaded the current Japanese MOR and ran it on the aki01.cha
file in Miyata-Aki.  I received no complaints about any missing files.
Moreover, both the ar.cut and dr.cut files were in place.  I found
about four unrecognized words, but otherwise it runs fine.  Maybe you
have an old version of Japanese MOR  or ....?
    Regarding the dr.cut file for Spanish, I see no reason to maintain
use dr rules for Spanish any more, since we now have a reasonably
well-trained span.db file that you can use to run POST for Spanish.
Please note my messages regarding the fact that I have analyzed and
disambiguated three Spanish corpora now.

--Brian MacWhinney