chstring

Diane Pesco dpesco2 at po-box.mcgill.ca
Thu Mar 18 15:29:54 UTC 2004

Dear Anna,
I tried what you were after but haven't been able to do it using a
changes.cut file.  I only succeeded by giving the following command on line:
chstring +x +s"*@s" "*@sv" filename +1
It seems the asterisk is necessary to find the @s and the +x recognizes
the asterisk.  The +1 replaces your original file with the new corrected
one, I prefer that than generated a whole new set of files but I guess
you shouldn't use it before trying on a few samples.   You could always
run this on a group of files simultaneously by replacing filename with
*.cha or whatever. I tested it, it works.  Nothing I tried with
changes.cut works, I think it might be because of the asterisk that
seems necessary to find these word internal strings you are looking for.
Best of luck.
Diane Pesco

--

Diane Pesco
School of Communication Sciences and Disorders
dpesco2 at po-box.mcgill.ca
tel. 514-398-4102
fax. 514-398-8123