VOCD

Brian Richards b.j.richards at reading.ac.uk
Sun Mar 21 17:46:34 UTC 2004

Dear Emily,

Unlike other CLAN programs, vocd looks for the exclude file in the working
directory. That might be the cause of part of your problem.

Normally, however, vocd will continue to run the analysis even if it can't
find the exclude file. The fact that the program terminates for you makes me
wonder whether there is a mismatch between the *CHI tier you have selected
and the name of the tier in the transcript.

Brian Richards

-------------------
> Dear all,
>
> I come across a problem when I use the command VOCD. When I key in the
> command line like this:
> vocd +t"*CHI" +r6 -s at exclude +s"*-%%" ke960730.cha
>
> The output would be like this:
> > vocd +t"*CHI" +r6 -s at exclude +s"*-%%" ke960730.cha
> Reading exclude file <exclude>
> fopen: cannot open exclude
> Utterances count = 0
> VOCD terminating ... bye
>
> However, this command works perfectly well for my files which are taken
from
> a older version of the corpus whereas my target files are all downloaded
> from the latest version of the corpus. Could anyone suggest an solution to
> me please?
>
> Thank you for your helps in advance.
>
> Best regards,
> Emily