Coding errors and omissions

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Mon Mar 22 21:27:04 UTC 2004

Dear Sabrina,

  Comprehensive error coding is a very difficult task, so it is not
surprising to see that it has been done so infrequently.
  I like your idea of having MOR recognize 0is.  However, your example uses
0aux instead of 0is and MOR will not be happy with just 0aux, so let's go
for 0is.  Leonid is not recompiling CLAN and MOR to allow for this.  So, if
you get a version tomorrow, this will be possible.  I will also add a file
to the English lexicon called zero.cut with the obvious possible omissions.
If you find more, you would have to add more, since this will be a
non-analytic aspect of MOR at this time.  Later, we could make it more
analytic if needed.
  Regarding "me do it" that is not an error on the level of MOR.  It is a
syntactic error in case marking.  Recognizing that will take a higher level
of program, so I would just put a [*] on the main line after me.

--Brian MacWhinney