Spanish MOR

Brian MacWhinney macw at mac.com
Thu Sep 2 19:46:03 UTC 2004

Dear Linda,
    No, actually accents are crucial for Spanish.   Please remember that
your input files must be in UTF8.  If you are using a current version
of CLAN, this is the automatic format.  However, some older files may
have to be converted using
CP2UTF.  For a simple test, just try downloading some of the files on
the web that are already morphemicized, such
as the ColMex files.  Those will go through with no errors.  Then
compare those files with yours to see how they
are different.  You can tell if a file is in UTF by opening it in the
CLAN editor and looking at the bottom info line

--Brian MacWhinney