use of & and $

Brian MacWhinney macw at mac.com
Fri Aug 26 02:59:00 UTC 2005

Dear Maki,
     My version of CLAN has no trouble with $PHO on the %err line.
Take a peak at your depfile.cut in the /lib directory.  You need to
have the characters $* on that line.  If they are missing, you can
insert them or else just get a new version of CLAN with a new
depfile.cut.
     With the &tik, I think you have just bumped into a common
annoying problem with the need for a space between &tik and the
following period.  Your use of &tik is just fine, but please insert a
space.

--Brian MacWhinney